Locations[edit | edit source]
The books are acquired in sequence, irrespective of where you find them. There are eight opportunities to acquire one, but you need to have chosen the Pale Horse in order to acquire all seven volumes, as the two wandering encounters are predicated on you riding that horse.
- Fort Alldead, in the knapsack
- A bookshelf in the basement guest room of Chuck's House
- On a pedestal in Reboot Hill
- A bookshelf in Fort Memoriam (Barracks / Mess Hall)
- On a pedestal in Buffalo Pile
- Military Cemetery (plot #666)
- A random encounter with a skeleton and a cultist in region A (Pale Horse only—note that this is repeatable, and thus you can acquire all 7 texts just by repeatedly wandering in region A).
- Your 13th random encounter (Pale Horse only)
Series Contents[edit | edit source]
There are seven books in the series, each of which confers a new skill, and may also give you a negative perk.
The 3 skeleton-summoning skills each have 3 levels of skeleton they may summon. The quality of skeleton you summon increases when you gain more of the Necromancy skills:
- 1 – 3 skills = Tier 1
- 4 – 6 skills = Tier 2
- 7 skills = Tier 3
Negative Perks[edit | edit source]
All but the first book also provide a new negative perk. These perks do not correspond to a specific book; you gain them based on the number of books read, in the order shown in the table. Note that if you want to use melee or ranged attacks in combat, you would be better off not reading more than 4 or 5 books, respectively.
|2||White Hair||-3 Moxie|
|4||Thin Blood||-10 Max HP|
|5||Withered Muscles||-25 Melee Attack Damage|
|6||Clouded Eyes||-25 Pistol Attack Damage|
|7||Corrupt Obsession||-50% to Meat Gains|
-50% Item-finding Bonus