|The Stearns Ranch|
|East of the Mountains|
The Stearns Ranch is a location in West of Loathing.
The outside area includes some bones that can be dug up, an outhouse, and access to either the main floor of the burned down house or the cellar.
In the main floor of the house you can find a talking doll in the toybox. It gives you the password needed to get through the cow-door in the cellar.
The cellar contains a safe (requires level 1 of Safecrackin').
Items[edit | edit source]
- 3 needles (in haystacks)
- Various rancher supplies in a crate near the door
- A smoking chrysanthemum by the graves
- A charred locket in the pile of Jethro's bones
- A toilet pistol, dropped by the pyrobove in the outhouse
- A button cactus which yields cactus bits (requires Foragin')
- A stock certificate in the lockbox (requires Lockpickin' Expertise and a needle)
- blackened beans in the pot
- Mary Stearns' diary in the bookshelf (requires 4 Moxie)
- A pile of loose boards may be assembled into a crate (requires a hammer and handful of nails), and provide various rancher supplies
- The shelf holds various dry goods
- A goblet of blood (in the altar room)
- 3 stock certificates (in the safe; requires Safecrackin')
Bad Guys[edit | edit source]
|the ghost of Mary Stearns|
|20 - 22|
|10 - 11|
- The outhouse holds a pyrobove.
- You may encounter the ghost of Mary Stearns by her grave if you have gotten her picture from the charred locket from Jethro's bones.
- Giving her the picture avoids the fight, but also reduces the XP reward.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Talking to the doll requires 5 Mysticality.
- The doll requests you play with her, which apparently requires getting her the goblet of blood in the cellar altar room. For this she provides you with the password, peanut butter.
- You can attempt to destroy the goblet (requires 5 Muscle, but rewards 50 XP), or take it.
- Pouring the blood from the goblet into the doll does not remove the goblet from your inventory, but does result in the doll running away.
- Although that seems fine, there are consequences.
- Reading her diary, and talking to her ghost, implies that either the evil doll or Mary herself was killing her family members in order to get blood for the "tea party."